Date/Time: 18/03/2021 11:00 - 12:00
This month, the war in Syria has gone on for 10 years. More than half a million people are reported to have been killed, 1.5 million people disabled, and more than half the population have been displaced from their homes. At least 5.6 million Syrians are now living as refugees in the region, making them the largest group of displaced people in recent history.
The Røde Kors, in collaboration with the Peace Research Institute Oslo and the Norwegian Centre for Humanitarian Studies, invites you join a webinar to discuss some of the humanitarian consequences of the war.
The webinar discussion will be live streamed on Facebook on Thursday 18 March at 11.00AM (UTC+01).
This discussion, bringing together practitioners from the humanitarian, diplomatic and academic world, will also examine the factors driving the war and how Norway may be able leverage its seat on the UN Security Council to influence developments towards peace.
- Abdalla Mkanna, Country Program Manager, Norwegian Red Cross in Syria
- Kyrre Holm, Senior Adviser, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Pinar Tank, Senior Researcher, Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO)
- Alexander Leirfall, Head of Middle East & North Africa Programme, Norwegian Centre for Conflict Resolution (NOREF)
- Moderator: Kaja Sannerud, Senior Adviser, Protection and Policy, Norwegian Red Cross
This webinar is open to all. Please click here to find the event on Facebook.
Questions can be sent in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 16 March.Map Unavailable