Date/Time: 19/02/2013 12:00 - 14:00
A discussion of possible scenarios and contingency planning for the future
This Humanitarian Exchange event aims to take stock of the humanitarian situation in Afghanistan.
- How are humanitarian agencies preparing for a future that is bound to be of great uncertainty?
- Reflecting on meaning of the Afghanistan crisis from a humanitarian perspective, what does it tell us about the state of the humanitarian enterprise and the evolving debates on the relationship between humanitarian action and international political/military endeavours?
The discussion is based on a new report from the Feinstein Center, Afghanistan: Humanitarianism in Uncertain Times.
Moderator: Kristin Bergtora Sandvik, PRIO
- Antonio Donini, Feinstein International Center
- Janicke Jæger, Senior Advisor, The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Aziz Hakimi, SOAS
- Arne Strand, Deputy Director, Research Director, Chr. Michelsen Institute
- Norwegian Refugee Council (name tbc)
- Tørris Jæger, Red Cross