We are looking for a Coordinator for the NCHS in a 50% position from 1 February 2021 – 31 December 2022. The position will be based at Chr. Michelsen Institute (CMI) in Bergen, Norway. The application deadline is 27 November 2020.
NCHS forms a platform for exchange among researchers and establishes stronger and more tailored mechanisms for mutual exchanges with policy makers and practitioners, as well as the broader public, thus improving the quality of research and practice in the humanitarian sector. Specifically, the NCHS runs a network connecting relevant ongoing research on humanitarian efforts, in Norway and internationally.
For more information and details on how to apply, follow this link.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Help with the day-to-day running of the centre activities
- Serve as the contact person of the NCHS network
- Manage the NCHS’ webpage, blog, mailing list, Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Plan and organize conferences, workshops, seminars, and network meetings
- Represent the NCHS at external meetings and take notes from such meetings
- Participate in meetings and activities of NCHS
- Develop connections with relevant stakeholders (e.g. MFA, humanitarian organizations, etc.)
- Perform other tasks as agreed with the NCHS Director
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor or a Master degree in the social sciences or humanities, or other relevant fields, preferably on a topic relevant to the NCHS
- Some relevant work experiences
- ICT skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a team player
- Fluency in English. Good knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is preferred
- Excellent writing skills