Several researchers affiliated with the Norwegian Centre for Humanitarian Studies have recently received funding for new projects from the Research Council of Norway’s FRIHUMSAM funding program.
Below is a list of the new projects:
- Developmentality and the anthropology of partnership, led by Jon Harald Sande Lie.
- Empires, Privateering and the Sea, led by Benjamin de Carvalho.
- Humanitarianism, Borders, and the Governance of Mobility, led by Maria Gabrielsen Jumbert.
- Hybrid pathways to resistance in the Islamic world: a study of Islamist groups in Lebanon, Iraq, Mali and Libya, led by Morten Bøås.
- Societal Transformation in Conflict Contexts, led by Cindy Horst.
Notably, de Carvalho, Jumbert and Sande Lie all received their funding under the Young Research Talent scheme, dedicated to young researchers who are “conducting independent research of high scientific quality”.
The full list of projects that received funding can be found on the Research Council of Norway’s website.